Monday, May 7, 2012

I can feel summer coming!

It's been a busy weekend and Monday is surely here - Laundry Time!  The washer is up and running and the dryer is still going strong.  School is almost out here and I can feel the pull of summer heading this way.  I am seriously looking forward to it!  I love having the kids home from school and being able to ditch the clock occasionally.  Yesterday was a wonderful glimpse of summer - the girls went swimming for the first time this year, we cooked out steaks, grilled corn on the cob, and had a delicious dinner (I will post a new potato salad recipe on the recipe page - yummy!) and had a cup of coffee on the porch with my hubby.  I try not to take these kinds of moments for granted and just savor them.  When I think of summer I think HOT (we are in Texas after all).  Lots of swimming, cooking out, gardening, and creating fun new drinks for the kids to keep them cool.




  Trying new recipes that are fresh and light for summer and evenings outside in the breeze on the hammock.  Every year I try and get my two youngest to go to the library to check out some fun books for the summer. I would love to have them read at least one book a month, not too much to ask, right?  It hasn't caught on yet, but I am hopeful this year.  I am not trying to infringe on summer, but I do know that if they read even a little, it can keep their minds working in between school years.  I remember reading a lot during the summers, especially since we didn't watch much television and home computers weren't even out yet, much less smart phones.  I played outside most of the day and read during the boring times.  Now it seems like it's all sleepovers, movies, and constant motion is the norm.  I think I will try and come up with some fun summer activities for the girls and their friends to do.  I am open to suggestions too if you have one. 

Feel free to post a comment with any ideas that are electronic free! 

Have a beautiful and blessed week!


In Him,


Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment